Saturday, October 25, 2008

To Make You Laugh Is All I Want

Sometimes I think, “Hey, leave the feelings to the artists. You've abandoned that part of you.” So then I'll listen to myself. I'll close my computer and stop writing, but only after erasing all of the effort I put forth just so I won't have to remind myself how miserable I was before I fell asleep.

This doesn't fix much, because when I wake up, I'll remember the two hours of college prep work I put off trying to define the mix-ups of my mind in eight lines and a chorus. I'll stare at the blank word document on my screen, trying to come to terms with the fact that I have nothing to show for giving myself a double work load for the day.


I'll press undo, thinking “Hey, maybe that song wasn't so bad after all.” I'll see the extra letter I pressed on accident the previous night pop back up. Undo will no longer be an option.


All I'm really trying to say, is don't burn your bridges. And also, I agree with you Ace, waking up can be so hard to do.


I know, that time goes faster when you're sleeping
And I know it's not too good for me because when I wake up, I'm all alone


It's just enough for me to fall in love with you
And I wake up, time and time again with nothing here for proof


If I have to wake up one more time without you and these ugly red eyes
I hate the bright blue sky to greet me in the morning rather then your arms.


I need you to be with me, dreams can only hold me for so long.
And I will wait my life, I promise to do it right,
For just one moment to be alone with you.


I see us standing there holding something in our hands
I see an open door, I see us walking in
We're walking up the stairs into our room
Waking up can be so hard to do


Just Enough//The Early November


No comments: