Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wake Up, Wake Up, You Are Going To Die!


Life begins now.

There isn't a whole lot I believe in. Among the list of my disregards is the idea that life starts after college, or after your schooling and training.

No.

Sure, I'd love to burden myself with 8+ years of college to become a professional nerd with my telescope and bible of interstellar data to process. Sure, I would love to go to UIUC and room with a friend of four years. Sure, I'd love having other friends already there to hangout with. I would also love to take advantage of their shuttle bus program and come home at least once a month.

You know what else I love? Winter. You know what winter loves? Snow. You know what snow loves? Car accidents. Freak bus accidents. Ending the lives of college kids that, by the definition of some, never actually got to start their life in the first place.

So what is it exactly that people are so sad about when these pre-living students come to such an unfortunate end? You can't mourn things that were never there. You can't mourn a life that was never lived.

Unless it really was there, and it was just dormant because somewhere along the line, someone forgot about the endless possibilities of chance and circumstance. You'd think those living in the future would be the first to consider this.

Wake up. You are going to die. Live your life!

No comments: